Midway through Rachel Maddow‘s show tonight a fire alarm went off near her 30 Rock studio. It happened during a commercial break, so it wasn’t heard on the air. The culprit: a pop tart caught fire in a microwave near the studio. Insiders tell us it was quickly dealt with. Maddow used the oddity of the situation to explain another odd twist in tomorrow’s midterms.”The going gets weird around these times,” said Maddow.
Update: Video below
- Shepard Smith Gets Doused, Challenges Rachel Maddow to do the Same
- Rula Jebreal on MSNBC Cancellations and 'Tragic' Middle East Coverage
- David Gregory's 'Meet the Press' Seat Continues Getting Hotter
- MSNBC Responds to Rula Jebreal's Claims of Cancellations, Uncertain Contract Status