A Valentine sent by Steven Heller and Candybird’s illustrated take on the fall 2013 Rodarte collection, shown yesterday in NYC.
• Skip the cupids and chocolate, advises Steven Heller. “I appreciate any Valentine’s Day card that has a devil or other ghoul on it as an antidote to cherubs,” he said in a round-up of V-Day preferences among faculty and staff at the School of Visual Arts. “Remember, sweet things are unhealthy. This was for my son, who is indeed a handsome devil.”
• Get your first look at fall through the charming illustrations of Candybird. Showstudio’s Tumblr is your source for her interpretations of the latest runway looks, including the Little Glam Riding Hood that Oscar de la Renta sent out last night.
• Use stock photos with caution, warns Jeff Sonderman on Poynter.
• Attention design law buffs: don’t miss the American Bar Association’s upcoming webinar, “Industrial Design Rights Take Center Stage: Apple v. Samsung Lessons for Design Protection and Enforcement,” moderated by Sarah Burstein of the University of Oklahoma College of Law. The fun begins at noon Eastern on Tuesday. Register here.
• Still stumped for a Valentine’s Day gift? A tipster in Seattle suggests a heart-shaped umbrella.