Edible Event & Marketing Manager
Are you interested in being a part of and contribute to an inspiring, rapidly growing, mission-focused company? Then we'd love to meet you.
Edible Holdings, the publishers of Edible Manhattan, Edible Brooklyn, Edible Long Island and Edible East End, seeks an Event & Marketing Manager to work within key strategic areas of the company.
With quarterly print titles in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Nassau and Suffolk Counties, mobile-first digital channels, rapidly growing social media streams and live event experiences, Edible is the trusted, definitive food voice for the New York Metro area.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES - This is a part-time job (to begin, with potential to move up to three-quarter or full-time). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
o Act as liaison on key current client accounts
o Prospecting new client and Edible events/experiences
o Proposal writing (for prospective event clients and sponsors)
o Sponsorship activation/management
o Providing timely updates to Business Development Executive
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
To knock this job out of the park, you would have these essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- You have experience and interest in business development- specifically in the areas of events, marketing, and sales.
- You have experience and facility with Salesforce or other CRM
- You are outgoing/comfortable meeting and interfacing with existing and prospective clients.
- Active email sender and responder, creative thinker (loves to think outside the box!)
- You have superb organizational skills and self-motivation.
- You consume web and social media content and have a strong interest in new media communications.
- You enjoy the kind of content covered in Edible: locavore food scene, farmers markets, community gardens, artisan ingredients, small-batch booze, local food policy and a really good doughnut.
PERKS (You will enjoy all sorts of perks!):
- Be on the masthead of a James Beard Award–winning media brand.
- Work with passionate, mission-driven, food- and drink-focused colleagues.
- A chance to be a player in the food and media world during a highly transitional time.
- An expense account for food and drink costs.
- Free passes for friends and family to all Edible events.
- Edible is a work-from-home organization that allows for flexible schedules and creative pursuits on the side (you will need to be available during most business hours but can have a flexible work schedule. Weekly calls and/or meetings with other Edible staff are required).
- Edible uses a collective workspace in Midtown Manhattan that you can have access to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.