- Full Time
* The editorial assistant at Kirkus Reviews is responsible for general office administration.
* He or she also plays a vital role in helping the section editors move books through the review process from start to finish, including fact-checking.
* The editorial assistant will also be involved in preparing content for Kirkus’ website.
* Additional duties include writing copy for Kirkus’ homepage mastheads and uploading the digital version of the Kirkus magazine to the website.
* The editorial assistant will also have the opportunity to edit blog posts by Kirkus’ roster of book bloggers.
* The role requires great attention to detail as well as a friendly and patient demeanor; the editorial assistant will be the contact person for a variety of inquiries from publicists, publishers, authors, and other industry professionals.
Cover letter and resume should be sent to Claiborne Smith, editor-in-chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1933, Kirkus has been one of the most trusted and authoritative voices in book discovery. Today, Kirkus Reviews covers more than 7,000 books published by traditional houses and more than 3,000 self-published books every year. The magazine is published on the 1st and 15th of every month, and because of the scope of its coverage, its authoritative voice, and the timeliness of its reviews, Kirkus Reviews is revered by many as the first indicator of a book’s potential.