The Daily Dot is the Web’s most comprehensive source for original Internet news and among the fastest growing media companies in the world. Our content reaches 15 million readers each month. We tell the story of the Internet each day with uninhibited reporting on the people, apps, memes, and movements that are shaping the Internet generation.
The Daily Dot’s Tech section closes the gap between our readers and the apps, gadgets, and social networks that empower and connect us, with an emphasis on the people and users behind the products. Our comprehensive coverage is authoritative, personal, and informative, keeping readers up to date update on new changes and security vulnerabilities. We’re looking for a part-time columnist experienced in hands-on product reviews, ranging from smartphones to notebooks and everything in between.
Desired skills and expertise
- Strong familiarity with consumer technology. Specifically, ideal applicants would have experience with green tech and environmental technology, payment tech and the sharing economy, enterprise technology and business.
- Experience coordinating with representatives from various companies in order to secure review units in a timely manner and returning review units that are offered on a temporary loan.
- 3+ years of journalism experience
- Familiarity with the Daily Dot brand and Internet culture
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, remote environment