- Full Time
National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is seeking a writer to join our communications team. The writer is an integral member of the team and understands the NAM’s goals and messaging in order to clearly express them in writing for NAM members, policymakers, media and the public. The writer drafts impactful copy for our diverse audiences in a variety of styles and tones without sacrificing the NAM’s brand or our cohesive voice in print and digital communications. This position requires sound judgment, creativity and self-motivation in order to juggle multiple internal clients and deadlines. The writer has the flexibility to improve the NAM’s written products by helping evaluate and implement processes, research and coordination.
Join the NAM and Make an Impact in the Following Ways:
- Write copy and oversee the editorial process for weekly member communications, the monthly digital magazine and the annual report. Write copy for articles, op-eds, shareholder reports, video scripts, brochures, invitations, web pages and other printed and electronic communications.
- Help develop an editorial strategy to make the NAM’s digital publications a valuable news source to members and the wider industry.
- Work with colleagues to keep projects moving on schedule, which includes planning/initial scheduling; coordinating all phases with key providers and project managers; and following through to meet production deadlines and provide high-quality, creative products.
- Develop an efficient, results-driven process with the NAM’s creative team on marketing copy, educational articles and persuasive text.
- Display agility in balancing short-notice requests with longer-term projects. Meet stringent deadlines.
- Understand nuance of tone and objectives for all written communications.
- Thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- As needed, assist copyeditor in providing prompt and accurate proofreading for time-sensitive NAM letters, statements and testimony to the Hill and the Administration.
- Candidate must have strong proofreading and fact-checking skills, with attention to detail.
- Contribute to the NAM’s goals by exploring opportunities to improve our written products.
- Ability to handle pressure in a deadline driven environment.
We are looking for Team Players who meet the Following Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or related field.
- 3 years of work experience in writing/editing.
- Experience that demonstrates excellent writing, proofing, editing and project-management skills. Eye for detail.
- Deadline-sensitive. Excellent organization skills.
- Basic knowledge of business and American government.
- Ability to work flexibly with a broad cross-section of the organization.
- Proficiency in MS Word.
- Digital publishing experience a plus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Please Submit the Following Materials for Formal Consideration:
- Cover letter, 3 Writing Samples – preferably articles
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States and one of the nation’s most influential advocates for manufacturing. By joining the NAM, you become part of a spirited and dynamic team that is driven to succeed. We recognize and reward our staff with competitive pay and annual performance based bonus programs. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, SmarTrip, and a 401(k) Salary Deferral plan with employer match and contributions, vacation and sick leave, complimentary on-site gym access and healthy snacks in the break room. Become part of a fast paced team passionate about keeping the United States the world leader in manufacturing.
Get involved. Make an impact. Join the NAM team.