Palisades Media Ventures (PMV) is a media development company with a single purpose: to create innovative public affairs projects for the digital age. Our projects involve video series, written content town halls, and documentaries, and our partners include leaders from media and public service. We are committed to shining a light on matters of public importance and bringing them to the public in new and engaging ways.
We are looking for freelance journalists to join the PMV Newsroom and help write weekly digital content for a leading national restaurant chain client. We are offering $250 for short form pieces (around 250-500 words) and $750 for longer form pieces (around 1,000 words).
Freelance journalists will work remotely and may apply regardless of geographic proximity to our corporate headquarters. Applicants must be able to perform responsibilities using their own equipment (computer, phone, etc.)
The freelance writer will be responsible for writing story assignments on an ongoing basis.
- Completing story assignments assigned by newsroom editor
- Weaving human interest, narrative elements and key corporate messages into each story
- Interviewing employees, corporate level executives and other key people
- Conducting research for background information and to find new stories to tell
- Pitching new story ideas to newsroom editor
- Fact checking stories and information given by sources
- Strategizing about how the story will live on social media and other digital platforms
- Delivering stories and making rounds of edits within a tight deadline driven environment
- Seasoned journalist or writing professional with proven track record of skills
- Excellent written communications skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with high quality execution and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- BA degree
Please send a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to apply.