Part-Time Nights & Weekends Writer/Editor
- Part Time
The Points Guy (thepointsguy.com) is looking to hire a freelance weekend editor to write, edit and schedule content each Saturday and Sunday--and possibly after 6pm on weekdays. The editor in this position will be publishing directly to the site with minimal assistance, so knowledge of travel/points/frequent-flyer programs/credit cards is a must.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Follow the travel loyalty program, aviation and general travel space on a regular basis
- Be able to write, self-edit and publish a ~300-word news post in 30 minutes
- Have superb attention to detail, and an ability to work quickly while maintaining 100% accuracy
- Have 2+ years experience writing, editing and publishing content for a sizable news website
- Have experience publishing/promoting news and/or feature content on Facebook and Twitter
- Have advanced photo editing experience (both identifying suitable images and prepping them for web use)
- Be flexible about available times as some news may occur at off hours
Pay is competitive, and we offer some great travel perks as well. If this sounds like your dream job, please send over your resume, a paragraph or two explaining why you like ThePointsGuy and how you meet the requirements above—plus any compensation expectations and questions.
This position is remote (work from home), but you'll need to be available most Saturdays and Sundays between the hours of ~9AM and 5PM ET (though you likely won't need to be at the computer during that entire 8-hour period).