Do you love media—social, digital and video? Are you passionate about building a community around an idea that matters? Are you detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture?
We may have a spot for you to put your passions and education to use in the real world with a New York metro-area financial services client. You’ll work virtually—and occasionally in their offices if you’re local. This is a flexible part-time contract role that may lead to full-time employment (but doesn’t have to if you prefer maintaining your client base).
- Execute social media strategies for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to gain exposure and engagement
- Conduct and manage digital and traditional media outreach and uncovering new PR sources
- Establish relationships with strategic bloggers, including pitching the CEO and occasionally other partners
- Source and coordinate speaking opportunities for CEO
- Handle ongoing book marketing and promotion for two evergreen titles
- Manage digital lists and communication (Mailchimp)
- Oversee production and distribution of future podcast
- Provide occasional marketing support as needed
Job Requirements Include:
- Demonstrated facility with key social media and blogging platforms
- 2+ years of work experience in the field with a desire to learn how to integrate social and traditional media
- Superb consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Self-starter comfortable working independently
- Positive attitude, detail and client-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Comfort with Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel (podcast editing expertise a plus)
- Fluency in English
- B.S. in communications, public relations, marketing, business or new media.
If this sounds like just your kind of opportunity, please email your resume with a cover note or link to a video telling us why you’re the ideal fit. We’ll be in touch!