Experienced Freelance Graphic Designer
Seeking Versatile, Experienced Freelance Graphic Designers
Walden University is looking for freelance, off-site graphic designers for our external marketing team.
• Produce a wide range of compelling, high-quality content—including e-mails, web graphics, social media, print and digital ads, articles, presentations, infographics, and trade show collateral.
• Design highly effective, creative, and engaging marketing content and communications that reinforce our brand, attract new students, retain existing students, and build stronger relationships with our alumni.
• Create designs for multiple audiences.
• Work within the guidelines of Walden’s established brand, while using best practices for each channel (e.g., e-mail, web, print, mobile, social media).
• Be available for immediate projects that are frequently fast-paced, with ambitious deadlines.
• Participate in occasional conference calls related to new project launches.
• Work as part of a team and collaborate with designers, copywriters, and editors throughout the creative process.
• At least 5 years of experience as a professional graphic designer
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related discipline
• Extensive professional experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
• Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS, in relation to designing for animated banners and web/e-mail template design, is a huge plus
• Experience designing for both print and electronic media; understanding of ad design for social media channels is highly desirable
• Aware of trends and work styles in the graphic design industry and able to expertly demonstrate creativity, uniqueness, and finesse in presented solutions
• Receptive to artistic direction and able to amend designs or processes to meet client expectations
• Able to collaborate with multiple designers and work intelligently and intuitively in order to seamlessly hand off current work or pick up works in progress, when necessary
• Organized and attentive to detail; vigilant in following naming conventions and providing files
• Able to accurately build and finalize designs according to specifications provided
• Excellent time management and communication skills, with an emphasis on professionalism, responsiveness, flexibility in the face of changing priorities, and a willingness to ask questions and be proactive
All candidates must provide a comprehensive portfolio of creative samples featuring a variety of work for print and digital. Walden offers competitive rates based on experience.
Walden University has been educating adult learners for more than 45 years. An accredited university, Walden offers degree programs through a flexible online format that allows working professionals to earn their degrees while balancing other commitments. With a mission to effect positive social change, Walden’s focus is on helping students make a difference in their careers, organizations, and communities.