Freelance Senior Digital Editor/Social Editor Parenting
Fisher-Price.com and Mattel are looking for a freelance (work from home) senior digital/social editor to help us think up, assign and edit the parenting content that powers both our social channel and site. The senior editor will leverage their network of freelance talent and editorial/parenting experience to create clicky, engaging posts that extend our reach and bring in new readers/consumers. This person should have a track record of creating engaging, successful on Facebook and other social channels.
- Brainstorms, edits and creates compelling sharable content whether that’s a blog post, a meme or a video.
- Works closely with other editors, creative department and producers to take ideas from concept to finish
- Constantly searches out new freelance writers and first-person essayists
- Uses advanced understanding of SEO to drive traffic
- Uses metrics to inform all editorial decisions
- Understands latest issues and channels that are most important to millennial parents
- 6-10 years editorial experience, most of it digital and social
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to create content that drives traffic
- Excellent writing, editing and assigning skills
- Video experience (conceptualizing, producing and/or writing scripts) a big plus
- Ability to create relatable, funny parenting content