Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), an internationally recognized presenter of contemporary performing arts and cinema, seeks a full-time Advertising Coordinator to plan, execute, and analyze the advertising campaigns for various BAM programs in order to operate in a proactive manner to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiencies.
Key Result Areas:
- Develop and implement efficient media strategies to meet revenue goals and forward BAM’s communication objectives.
- Establish and cultivate productive relationships with advertising vendors and effectively negotiate competitive rates for BAM.
- Analyze, test, and understand responsiveness of various audiences, channels, and campaigns in order to inform and improve creative execution and media spending on the show and season level.
- Subject matter expert on current and developing advertising opportunities in all channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and Strategy
- Effectively manage and motivate outside agencies to deliver best-in-class media plans and analyses at a cost-effective fee structure.
- Work with program managers to understand season/program positioning, media strategies, revenue/attendance goals, and target audiences.
- Make sound recommendations on the best form of media/mix for specific campaigns and overall season.
- Identify responsive target audiences and analyze characteristics, behavior and media habits based on performance by channel.
- Present proposals, including cost schedules and implementation time lines to program managers.
- Identify appropriate “test” scenarios to encourage learning and evaluation of creative effectiveness.
- Work with program managers to develop targeted digital, print, outdoor, radio, and video campaigns.
- Ensure that creative is trafficked to respective outlets in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with publicity and digital media departments to coordinate paid advertising with other promotional efforts.
- Develop relationships with advertising vendors; act as a liaison in expressing BAM needs to these vendors and stay current with new technology and platform developments
- Oversee digital, print, outdoor, radio, and video campaigns, including creating and managing schedules and budgets, negotiating competitive rates/partnerships with advertisers, working with in-house and external partners to deliver digital assets, and reserving ads.
- Maintain and organize advertising archive.
- Provide written show reports for show and season performances that provide insights and recommendations to improve performance on a channel, campaign, and season basis.
- Analyze and report on past performances and trends, and explore various performance metrics to inform budget setting.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly attend BAM performances.
- Keep abreast of happenings in NYC/international arts and advertising arenas.
- Administrative Work with Light Physical Exertion
Check us out on Twitter and Instagram at #BAMCareers!
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Marketing or Communications or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years experience in advertising, media planning or buying.
- Project Management experience.
- Interest and understanding of changing digital landscape.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for analytics.
- Knowledge of the performing arts and NYC/International arts arena.
- Interest and knowledge of BAM programming.
- Interest in working in a performing arts/non-profit organization.
- Adept at Excel and complex tracking documents.
- Works well in fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & writing)
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Willingness to take initiative