Senior Digital Editor
Leading website for K-12 teachers is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Digital Editor to join our creative team. Quick pace and heavy deadlines—but great rewards too like working from your home office, collaborating with an inspiring team across three time zones and above all, knowing that you are making a difference for teachers and kids.
As part of the creative team, the Senior Digital Editor will write engaging editorial and sponsored blog content, contribute to growing our social media platforms every day, generate innovative ideas for clients and collaborate on bigger projects.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver and strategic thinker who is self-motivated, well-organized, and proactive, with exceptional communication skills. This position allows for a lot of creative freedom and will enable you to wear many hats.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or similar field
- Strong writing skills—with demonstrated experience in short-form, Internet-savvy writing
- Minimum of 3 years experience in digital publishing—ideally in writing for an educator, parenting or women's media audience
- Passion for social media (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, G+, Instagram)
- Experience with SEO optimization and content management systems
- An ability to communicate our brand voice and mission
What you'll do:
- Develop, write, and edit engaging editorial and sponsored stories for our educator audience.
- Work collaboratively with an amazing team of talented editors, writers, and designers.
- Contribute to our social media content (posts, blogs, images, video).
Interested? Send us a resume and cover letter with:
- Links to online portfolio/work samples
-Your experience with social media
-Your connection to K-12 education
-Ideas for three blog posts you would write this week if you were on staff, including a title and the first few lines of copy