Social media and production editor
- Full Time
Timeline is the first media company dedicated to connecting the dots between present and past. We believe that many people don’t understand the world we live in — not because they aren’t interested or don’t care, but because there’s no easy way to see how today’s events fit into the sweep of history. That’s why we’re building a groundbreaking company that uses history to deliver unique insights into the events and ideas that are shaping the world.
We are looking for a social media and production editor to rapidly grow our audience on Twitter and Facebook, help manage SEO efforts and think about what platform is next for social growth.
What the job is:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Timeline’s Twitter and Facebook accounts, including posting content and engaging followers and potential followers.
- Develop a rapid growth strategy for Timeline’s Twitter account.
- Serve as the lead producer for Timeline.com, maintaining the homepage, section pages and special content initiatives with an eye toward SEO.
- Communicate social and SEO best practices and production strategies with Timeline’s storytellers.
- Work with the Head of Growth and Audience on editorial partnerships, social strategy, content posting, and SEO.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 2–4 years of experience at a media organization.
- Be familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and SEO strategies.
- Be able to demonstrate prior success rapidly growing social audiences with quality, highly engaged followers.
- Be goal-oriented.
- Have an intense interest in current affairs, an omnivorous news diet, and an affection for history.
- Be self-directed, but also enjoy being part of a nimble, responsive team creating an exciting new media product.
If you’re excited by the chance to help us develop a new kind of journalism and to work at a well-funded San Francisco startup during one of the most exciting periods of media innovation in history, we encourage you to apply.
Timeline is run out of a small and friendly office in San Francisco’s Design District. We offer competitive salaries and health benefits.
Please include the following:
- Résumé/CV A short, conversational cover letter.
- One detailed example of how you’ve grown a brand’s social audience.
- A list of your three favorite media Twitter accounts and why.