Senior Grant Writer (Virtual)
- Full Time
About the Senior Grant Writer position:
The UltraViolet Senior Grant Writer is primarily responsible for working with the Director of Institutional Development to create top-notch materials for foundations and donors. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to create and execute exceptional content to engage and attract current and new sources of revenue.
The ideal candidate is an expert grant writer who is creative, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, and flexible. They should be comfortable juggling multiple tasks and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Most of all, they should have a sense of humor and the desire to help grow UltraViolet.
If that sounds like you, apply for this job!
- Write and edit UltraViolet fundraising materials, including grant proposals, grant reports, and donor updates.
- Lead the content generation process, including coordinating with key staff to produce and submit compelling, high-quality proposals.
- Collect and synthesize information about UltraViolet programs to make the strongest case for support.
- Develop a deep understanding of program content to ensure integrity and quality of all funder materials.
- Develop materials showing the progress of UltraViolet programs and campaigns for donor updates and ongoing communications.
- Collaborate with the Development team to manage donor database.
- General administrative duties that support the Development department, as needed.
- 5+ years of professional fundraising experience, specifically grant writing.
- Proven project management skills.
- The ability to manage up around hard deadlines.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Copy editing experience and a keen eye for detail.
- Creative thinker that develops innovative ideas.
- Professional and personable demeanor.