Digital Business Writer
Award-winning Chief Executive Group seeks a motivated Digital Business Writer to adapt and write engaging and shareable business stories for a daily e-newsletter that brings actionable advice and news analysis to our CEO readership. If you’re looking for a contract opportunity where you can showcase your storytelling, creativity, editorial and writing skills, then we want to hear from you!
The Digital Business Writer will produce real-time daily news content and summaries (think ‘theSkimm’ or ‘NextDraft’) for our new daily e-newsletter. Our goal is to feature relevant news developments in real time that provide actionable lessons to our CEO readers.
Specific responsibilities for the Digital Business Writer will include:
- Creating a consistent stream of highly relevant and impactful content for our daily eNewsletter. Some content will be drawn from the top daily headlines of leading business and news publications.
- Using traffic numbers and other related metrics to help fine-tune our daily CEO e-newsletter briefings
- Contributing to regular brainstorms with members of our Stamford, CT-based editorial team
- Periodically interviewing CEOs and other newsmakers and commentators to round out and personalize coverage
This will be a great role for a highly motivated online journalist who wants to produce engaging daily content on our digital platform that will appeal to America’s CEOs. S/he will also help establish chiefexecutive.net as the go-to destination for business leaders and other influencers who want a pipeline into what CEOs are thinking.
- Demonstration of a proven track record sourcing and delivering daily news content and feature stories, preferably with a business website, magazine and/or an online newspaper
- Easy, accessible writing style that can translate critical business issues into compelling prose
- Excellent time management and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and work to daily deadlines on a consistent basis
- Solid knowledge of SEO principles
Note: Interested candidates should submit resume including links to written articles/digital portfolio, and details on desired freelance rate.