- Full Time
The Daily Dot is the web’s most comprehensive source for original internet news and among the fastest growing media companies in the world. Our content reaches 15 million readers each month. We tell the story of the internet each day with uninhibited reporting on the people, apps, memes, and movements shaping the internet generation.
The Daily Dot is looking for a hands-on editor to develop and oversee the company’s strategic content. If a reader is searching for the best food apps, wants to know when season 3 of Daredevil returns to Netflix, or how to use Snapchat like a pro, we want our guides to appear at the top of their search results and in their Facebook feeds. We’re not interested in lifeless articles that sound like they were written by robots; we’re looking for compelling pieces that can inform and entertain readers.
You don’t have to be an SEO expert. We’re looking first and foremost for a creative, detail-oriented editor who moves quickly and has an insatiable curiosity about internet culture.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with section editors to develop an SEO strategy specific to each coverage area and gain a deeper understanding of the sections’ voice, tone, and back catalog
- Identify real-time trends and generate story ideas; edit and optimize stories prior to publication
- Manage and foster a high-performing team of contributors
- Ensure strategic content articles are regularly updated to ensure accuracy and improve search performance
- Help optimize site architecture to improve overall performance
- Provide insights to the team using Google Analytics
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of journalism experience
- A deep understanding of the Daily Dot brand, internet culture, online fan communities, and current trends
- Comfort and confidence working as a part of a virtual team
- A proven ability to meet (or beat) deadlines
- Skilled in multitasking and prioritizing in a rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with SEMRush, Google Trends, Soovle, and other SEO tools a plus
The Daily Dot recognizes the value of the broad and rich variety of experiences, ideas, and skills our team members bring to the business. Beyond compliance with government regulations, we foster diversity by encouraging an environment that taps the full potential of each employee consistent with the Daily Dot’s high standards of performance. We believe that there is an ongoing benefit to our families, employees, and community when the Daily Dot supports a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity/transgender status, or veteran status.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and résumé.