Publications Manager and Writer
The Treatment Advocacy Center is seeking an experienced communications professional who wants to make a difference in the mental health field. We are the only national nonprofit dedicated to treatment issues involved in severe mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
You will develop content for multiple platforms in support of federal and state advocacy, manage the publications process and help promote our campaigns.
- Content creation — writing and updating website content; blogging, drafting articles for our direct-mail newsletter; writing/editing op-eds, letters to the editor, press releases and statements
- Publication management — managing copyediting, design process and promotion of research reports, direct mail newsletter and targeted broadcast emails
- News monitoring — tracking press coverage; planning media outreach and pitches around advocacy and research efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism or a related field
- 5 years of professional experience in communications, public relations, media relations and/or journalism (campus and internship experience do not count)
- Exceptional writing and copyediting skills
- Experience writing, editing and publishing print and digital content
- Familiarity and ease at working on and meeting deadlines
- High comfort level with talking and writing about mental illness issues, including topics that are, at times, tragic
- Ability to thrive as a member of a team.
Compensation based on experience. Excellent benefits (three weeks of vacation plus holidays and sick time; health, prescription, dental, life and disability insurance; 403b retirement plan with employer contribution).
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and your compensation requirements.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS.
Apply for Publications Manager and Writer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly