Associate Editor - B2B Media Group
- Full Time
Associate Editor - B2B Media Group
SouthComm, Inc. a multi – platform Media Company with regional magazines and national b2b publications, websites and events is recruiting for an experienced associate editor. Position will create, organize and manage editorial content for digital and print platforms. This includes general editing, proper SEO title creation, vocabs/tagging for content, and scheduling content to appropriate channels. Print editing duties include approving each section of print pages for all three publications and portal site.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Write and edit daily, breaking-news copy and longer-range editorial projects.
- Maintain and help grow portal website through appropriate means including news, editorial, and blogs.
- Work with editorial team to ensure content for publications and online portal arrives by deadline and is sent to appropriate channels – print and digital – to keep a continuous schedule.
- Organize and approve newsletter content for daily newsletters.
- Collaborate with sales team to develop and target select advertiser opportunities and categories with content packages, collaborating with brands on custom programs.
- Execute custom content series and other paid content programs.
- Participate in trade shows/conventions and other industry events. Attend press conferences, product introduction events, seminars, etc. as required.
- Provide executive-level interviews (via phone conference, email and face-to-face meetings at trade shows or conferences) with the major vendors in the industry and incorporate that information into pertinent articles (or outlines for incorporation by other writers into review articles) regarding vision, direction, problem solution, etc.
- Work with the social media manager and editorial team to handle all aspects of live content development for three publications’ social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. The ideal candidate must be able to execute multimedia content initiatives across print, digital, and mobile channels. This role will be integral in helping shape our digital strategy that includes continuing to grow the multimedia content. Duties include generating video ideas, researching and setting up the content and interviews, writing and voicing the content, and presenting the content on air/live as scheduled on a designated video/webcast.
Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, or related field
3-5 years experience
Strong writing and editing skills; excellent social media skills
Strong interpersonal communication skills
Proficiency with computers and layout application software required. Familiarity of usage with Microsoft Suite (including Word and Excel) and Google docs. Experience with In Design, a plus!
Well organized, flexible team player
Excellent writing skills with experience creating content in a variety of print and digital formats including features, listicles, blog posts, social media posts, infographics, and video
Ability to work effectively independently and within a collaborative team-oriented environment.
Solid understanding of and interest in evolving online technologies that power digital media.
B2B media experience a plus.
Telecommute opportunity for the right candidate. We offer a competitive salary + benefit package plan including medical, dental vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k), vacation and holidays. For consideration, please send resume, cover letter, 3 writing samples or link to your portfolio and salary history in confidence.
1233 Janesville Ave., Fort Atkinson, WI 53538