About Your Role:
Dotdash is seeking a full-time Freelance Content Manager to work across a wide variety of general interest content, ranging from style and relationships to science and humanities. If you are passionate about working with writers, improving and editing articles, and a creative, persistent problem solver, we’d love to hear from you. As a Content Manager, you will work directly with the General Manager to improve content and user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue.
About Your Contributions:
- Work with the General Manager to help shape and define editorial strategy, increase audience, and drive user engagement
- Use data to identify new opportunities for Dotdash, including editorial gaps, UX features, and content partnerships
- Edit content to ensure editorial best practices and brand positioning
- Curate and promote our best content via email newsletters, social media, and on-site placement
- Interact and communicate with a team of freelance writers
- Edit, update, and fact-check outdated, high-profile, and strategic content
- Improve and replace images across the site
- Work on various other content and promotion related projects as assigned
- 2+ years’ experience developing and curating technology related content for web, email, and social environments against business goals
- Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools and experience using data and revenue goals to inform and develop digital strategy
- Deep passion for and knowledge of editorial and content in the tech space
- Consistently up to date with online trends and able to identify topics of interest to a wide audience
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Lifewire, ThoughtCo and TripSavvy.