Social Media Editor (Remote)
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero is on a mission to help 44 million people manage and repay over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Social Media Editor do?
There are over 44 million Americans living with student loan debt. As the Social Media Editor, you will be the resident expert on connecting with the existing Student Loan Hero community as well as growing our brand presence across social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
The role of the Social Media Editor is crucial to Student Loan Hero’s mission to join and guide the important discussion that users are having on social media about student loans and personal finance topics. Your goal will be to develop the SLH voice and find the most effective way to relate with student loan borrowers in a meaningful way.
The Social Media Editor’s core responsibilities will include working with our Content team to frame, package, and optimize content for distribution across our social platforms. The ideal candidate for this role should be highly visual, have excellent communication skills, be well-versed in social media best practices, and have an aptitude for community management. This person should also have fantastic writing skills and an eye for spotting and capitalizing on emerging trends.
- Manage the daily strategy and distribution of Student Loan Hero content across all social platforms
- Develop Student Loan Hero’s social media strategy with the goal of growing and engaging our user base
- Successfully monitor and analyze social traffic and engagement, as well as provide clear, insightful reporting on key performance metrics on a regular basis to the Content team
- Develop and refine the Student Loan Hero voice across all social media platforms
- Ensure the health of the community by consistently engaging our users in new and exciting ways
- Produce original social-exclusive content on a daily basis
- Identify relevant partnerships and content swaps with other media brands to drive meaningful traffic and engagement
- Collaborate with other teams across the organization, including but not limited to Analytics, Outreach, Product, and Customer Service to ensure a solid social strategy
- Stay on top of social media trends
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Portland, Santiago, and St. Petersburg.
Since we’re located all over the world, communication using Slack, Gmail, Jira, Google Hangouts, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend working.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency - we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5+ years of social media management experience is required
- Experience managing projects and 3rd party vendors required
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to work under limited supervision
- Strong project management skills
- Has a healthy obsession with social media and all emerging platforms
- Fluency in social platforms including: Facebook & Facebook Insights, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram is required.
- Familiarity with data tools (e.g., Google Analytics, social media insights/posting tools like Shareablee, Hootsuite, Meet Edgar, Sprout, Tailwind, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to grow and retain audiences across social media platforms
- Is comfortable and excited about ideating and building campaigns from scratch
- Has a high level of attention to detail but doesn’t lose sight of the big picture
- Loves to connect with people and build relationships
- Must be willing to travel up to 1 week per quarter for business related meetings and conferences.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook Pro, and a $1,000 technology stipend to purchase a desk or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, as well as a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.