Director of Marketing and Communications
HealthyWomen is hiring a PT 32.0 a week Director of Marketing and Communications who can conceive and execute truly engaging communications campaigns. This person plays a critical strategic role while having key operational responsibilities. The position reports directly to the CEO and works closely with all departments in the organization.
HealthyWomen (HW) is the nation's leading nonprofit women's health organization, with a rapidly growing digital brand focused on health and wellness. We serve women from ages 25 to 70+. HealthyWomen has a wide variety of media, consumer and professional partners and has been recognized as the top women's health site by Dr. Oz and has been included in The Top 100 Women's Health Websites by ForbesWoman.
We are a close-knit, passionate team of professionals who are on a mission to grow HealthyWomen into a popular brand and help women live their best lives. HealthyWomen offers a collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial environment. We are eager to attract a Director of Marketing and Communications who brings tremendous energy and a passion for excellence to the table.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will set and guide the strategy for all communications. The Director of Marketing and Communications will ensure that HealthyWomen is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within this diverse network and constituent base.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
Marketing and Communications
The Director of Marketing and Communications will also drive an integrated marketing and communications strategy that supports the overall goals of the organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the network's discreet audiences in collaboration with the HealthyWomen's nonprofit team and constituents.
- Work closely with the digital team on the creation of annual editorial plan that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate the plan.
- Manage and grow social media strategy and team working closely with Manager, Digital Engagement & Analytics to include:
- Use of existing and new communications vehicles to create momentum and awareness, as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Manage the review and development, distribution, and maintenance of monthly newsletter/eblast on HW acheivements. Manage all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures for programs, and organization promotion.
- Work closely with the team member responsible for HealthyWomen's website administration and coordination.
- Coordinate PR/News, Board, Staff, CAB webpages maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of HW monthly dashboard report to BOD and CAB members.
- Work closely with CEO to coordinate and organize annual BOD meetings, working with team on slides, talking points and finalizing agenda and events.
- Special events: WomenTalk, Corporate Advisory Board
- Work closely with team to identify theme and presenters, manage all the bells and whistles from deck development and talking points to venue and panel presenters.
- Annual CAB meeting: Responsible for working with a consultant (TBD) on theme, opportunities and finalizing program and running the event.
- Manage and grow all media contacts.
- Work directly with media contacts to assist in brand awareness, recognition on funded programs and HW-specific programs.
Assist in the management, growth and engagement of HealthyWomen's advisory groups, including the Consumer Liaison Council, Women's Health Advisory Council and HealthyWomen's annual signature event (June).
- Work closely with the senior vice president of strategic engagement to conceptualize and execute the annual WomenTALK survey, the annual Celebrate HealthyWomen event, and the annual Corporate Advisory Board meeting.
- Create and produce regularly scheduled communications ie (e-blasts, newsletter) and other correspondence to board of directors and other councils, constituents and friends on HW activities and accomplishments.
- Work with the program director and the digital team to create monthly dashboard reports and quarterly board of director's presentations to provide updates on new educational programs and media efforts.
- Work with the HW team to develop new media and promotional opportunities that can be included in proposals and grant opportunities.
- Manage all media relations components of funded and nonfunded programs; assist with developing ideas at the proposal stage.
- Brainstorm and facilitate implementation of value-added components for funded programs.
- Assist in relevant account administration duties such as billing and activity reports.
- Represent and present as necessary at new business pitches.
- Coordinate and staff as necessary special events, exhibits and promotions.
HealthyWomen is seeking an accomplished Director of Marketing and Communications who has at least 10 years of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex organization (number and variety of constituents).
Candidates should have collaborative style and these skills for developing and implementing communications strategies:
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage by influence
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications
- Bachelor's degree required, master's preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, at least four of which are in marketing management at a PR/communications firm.
- Excellent project management skills, highly organized and able to multitask effectively
- PowerPoint and Microsoft proficient
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills a must
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize deadlines.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Apply for Director of Marketing and Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly