- Full Time
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero, Inc. is helping 200,000+ borrowers manage and eliminate over $3.5 billion dollars in student loan debt. We’re on a mission to help 44 million Americans manage their student loans smarter.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Media Outreach Coordinator do?
The mission of the Media Outreach Coordinator is to assist and support outreach team members with the execution of outreach projects.
Media Outreach Coordinators activities include competitive research, media contact research, project management, data mining and lead/contact compilation, contact pitching and analysis of campaign performance. Outreach Coordinators are crucial to keep outreach projects on-time and reach the finish line.
- Assist outreach team with day to day tasks
- Build media lists on a weekly basis
- Pitch outside writers/editors story ideas and SLH content on a weekly basis
- Keep reporting documents clean and updated on a weekly basis
- Create and present research assignments on a monthly basis
- Coordinating for marketing events, as-needed
- Other duties as-assigned
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Los Angeles, Santiago, and St. Petersburg, Russia.
Since we’re located all over the world, communication using Slack, Gmail, Jira, Zoom, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend working.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency - we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, marketing, or related studies, preferred
- 1-3 years of direct SEO, content marketing, or media relations experience required (internships accepted)
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to work under limited supervision
- Strong skills in communication
- MUST show RECENT examples (past 6 months) of syndications, placements, and/or links earned on other sites
- Experience in working remotely (preferred)
- Availability to travel up to one week per quarter for work-related activities and events required
The Interview Process:
- Media Outreach assessment
- Preliminary phone screen
- One-on-one interview
- Group interview
- Executive interview
- Reference check
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook Pro, and a $1,000 technology stipend to purchase a desk or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, as well as a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.