- Full Time
Are you passionate about storytelling, brand building, and supporting a growing and thriving entrepreneurial company through communications and public relations efforts?
We’re growing, and we are looking for a Communications Manager to amplify our story across the country and throughout our industries. Work with news outlets, get to know our users and presenters, feature our in-house experts, and promote our unique culture. This position will work collaboratively with marketing, editorial, product management and executive teams to effectively develop and manage communications and PR strategy for our growing company.
A leader in online continuing education, we are comprised of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an unparalleled online learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. We are fast-paced, structured, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. Learn more about us at continued.com and simucase.com.
- Identify newsworthy stories and communications for media opportunities, such as press releases, blog posts, and other PR content to increase brand awareness and consideration
- Pitch and secure top media, including print, broadcast and online outlets for company news, product announcements, profiles, features, and thought leadership pieces
- Develop content in support of company, brand and individual websites including blog or featured articles, press releases, social media or other support copy
- Create clear and consistent announcement narratives by collaborating with colleagues in marketing, product management, and leadership
- Surface compelling user stories
- Serve as a primary contact person for media requests
- Monitor and analyze PR metrics
- Work closely with Community Relations Manager and creative team on master brand social strategy and influencer outreach
- Assist with internal communications in support of executive team, human resources, and legal as needed
- Partner with marketing copywriter and creative team to develop and follow communication style and brand tone for all communications
- Act as a back-up for copywriting as needed, across online and offline marketing projects including print, direct mail, email, web, and social media
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
- 5+ years of communications or public relations experience
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills and great storytelling instincts
- Demonstrated project development and project management skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with multiple complex projects running concurrently
- Experience working independently as well as collaboratively in a dynamic team environment while maintaining accountability
- Experience publishing content through a content management system
- Knowledge and experience using media management and tracking tools
- Able to work from home during regular business hours
- Able to travel occasionally for department and company meetings
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. Please provide a cover letter with your resume. In your cover letter please include 1) a short paragraph describing a communications project or public relations initiative that you are most proud of, and why; 2) your salary requirements.