VinePair is seeking a full-time Digital Designer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is passionate about designing for media in the food and beverage space, and excited to join a fast-paced newsroom in a dynamic startup environment. This position involves both art direction for our digital publication as well as design and styling for our online store.
At VinePair, drinking is culture. Started in 2014, we reach more than 3 million readers monthly. Our editorial covers everything from thoughtful long-form features and essays, to industry trends and profiles, to viral breaking news on our popular Booze News vertical and our online store carries the our favorite designed forward drinking products. On top of this, we’re back by stellar investors including Joanne Wilson, Gary Vaynerchuk, The New York Angels, Social Starts and more.
The Digital Designer salary is commensurate with experience. This position will receive equity.
Duties will Include:
- Work directly with the editorial team to create captivating, relevant daily content imagery for all stories
- Select, edit, layout and load art for stories
- Conceptualize and design weekly custom infographics and illustrations
- Continuously stay current on digital and social design trends
- Work directly with Sales & Marketing team throughout client projects; develop visual ideas that suit the project requirements and deliver assets on time
- Design custom emails for editorial, client events, sweepstakes and in-house promotional materials
- Ensure that content adheres to the standards and style of the brand, creating a singular, cohesive voice of the brand
- Art direct quarterly styled photoshoots for VinePair’s e-commerce site - includes concept development, photo shoot direction, space scouting, and hire as needed within given budget
- Plan, style, shoot and edit e-commerce product photos as new products come in
- Basic photo retouching and manipulation for e-commerce photos
- Be aware of online marketing and sales trends
- Make any necessary visual updates including graphic elements for the website, and keep in mind seasonal refreshers
- Design mobile + desktop web page mockups for the upcoming sitewide redesign
- Work with Frontend Developer/Co-Owner to discuss web page design strategy, implementation, and timeline
- Be aware of necessary site changes in order to keep up with brand consistency
- Design new website features including graphical elements, such as ads, icons, buttons etc.
- Update printed brand assets as needed.
- 2-3 years experience in design, preferably in media and preferably digital
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom) Sketch is a plus
- Possess editorial judgment with ability to select the perfect images for each story, understanding when those images should be a photos, portraits, illustrations, original art etc
- Knowledge of branding and branding principles
- Experienced and comfortable in producing photography
- Experience with CMS platforms, specifically WordPress
- Self-starter with ability to work smartly and understand how to prioritize time to meet broader team and organization goals
- Proven understanding of typography, layout, color and grid structures
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under high-pressure, quick-turn deadlines and still create unique designs
- Knowledge of website usability/web optimization, UX and responsive design systems
- Knowledge of e-commerce design best practices a big plus
- Monitors own work to ensure quality; looks for ways to improve quality.
- Possess strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions
- Ability to work full time in our NYC office
Does all this sound awesome? Then send us your resume, cover letter, portfolio and links to your social channels.