Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCU is looking for exceptional candidates for the position of Sr. Manager, Sales & Partner Strategy. You will be joining a newly formed mobile advertising division within NBCUniversal Ad Sales. As the Sr. Manager, Sales & Partner Strategy, you will impact new revenue generation through the development and growth of strategic digital partnerships, and play a central role in the future success of the advertising business. This is an important strategic position that will interface with business leaders across multiple functions. We’re looking for a dynamic leader to bring innovative thinking and strategic vision to help grow our business.
Key responsibilities include:
Lead and perform detailed account, category, product, and partner-specific performance analyses to identify new revenue generating opportunitiesContribute to the development of annual advertising budgets and ongoing re-forecast processes for the mobile advertising sales team in conjunction with Sales leaders and FinanceChange management to automation of systems, workflows and reporting needs.Track and understand key business metrics to understand the health of our strategic partnershipsLead quantitative analyses related to pre-deal assessment and post-deal growth of strategic partnershipsSupport sales strategy for business analysis, communication and execution of account planning processes, key category approaches, and pacing against growth initiativesSupport business development discussions/negotiations with potential external strategic partners, as well as partner evaluation activities (e.g., financial modeling, due diligence collaboration)Collaborate with strategic partners to develop innovative and high-impact growth opportunities, and drive operational management of partnership projects.
• 5+ years previous relevant work experience in finance, analytics or business development from a digital platform company, digital publisher, digital media agency, or client-side digital marketer
• Comfort with quantitative analytical design & execution, including Excel modeling skills
• Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
• Self-starter with high energy level and tolerance for ambiguity
• Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a cross-functional working team
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to persuade through clear presentation of strategies and/or analyses
• Excellent skills in presentation (PPT) writing and narrative development for senior management audiences
• Ability to take initiative and perform tasks with minimal supervision, including the ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced environment
• Most importantly, a great teammate who has the desire and ability to have fun building new businesses
• BA/BS required
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NBCUniversal is the market leader in premium advertising sales, and we are actively investing to scale our mobile business. NBCU mobile creates powerful marketing opportunities for advertisers, drives revenue for premium content publishers, and helps infuse key learning into our broader company. Through our exclusive partnership with Apple, and partnerships with Snap, Vox, YouTube and others, NBCU now offers advertisers the opportunity to reach any smartphone in the United States, all in a premium content environment. We are leveraging the audience reach and scale, premium content, innovative product, data and technology created through these partnerships to redefine mobile marketing.