Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The VP, Post is responsible for providing creative and operational leadership for the Universal Television Alternative Studio post-production team.
Essential Responsibilities: Establishing creative standards and guidelines for the Alternative post-production teamResponsible for creating and managing entire post schedule for each Alternative series, including internal and external sessions, material deadlines, and final delivery assetsCollaborate with executives, directors, producers, writers, and show staff on the effective execution of each Alternative project’s creative objectivesProtect individual shows' “tone of voice” in the execution of all editsUnderstand how changes may affect the budget, scheduling and overtime and communicates the impact of these changesWork closely with external vendor post production facilities to ensure all quality, creative, technical and budget needs as well as scheduling milestones are met.
• Minimum 10 years work experience in the television industry
• Minimum 10 years work experience in a post-production capacity
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelor's degree
• Excellent working relationships with key post-production vendors and post-production community.
• Strong working relationships within the creative community (i.e. directors, producers, editors and directors of photography)
• Experience achieving desired creative results while balancing financial and technical priorities
• Strong experience with large projects and excellent time management skills.
• Able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of management
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.