- Full Time
New American Economy brings together more than 500 Republican, Democratic, and Independent mayors and business leaders united in making the case for streamlining, modernizing, and rationalizing our immigration system. We advocate for reform through a variety of digital and on-the-ground initiatives and through original research and policy reports. We engage our political leaders in Washington, D.C. and across the country and we unite the diverse sectors that support reform, including tech, agriculture, business, faith, law enforcement, and education, and others, in order to show that the need for reform is urgent and the case is strong.
NAE is seeking a New York City-based Communications Associate to assist in the strategy and execution of the our communication efforts. The Communications Associate will help distribute NAE content to the media and the organization’s supporters.
- Aid in the development and implementation of a communications strategy for all NAE activities including, report releases, press statements, polling releases, digital campaigns, and the promotion of national and local events.
- Manage NAE Social Media presence; Brainstorm and execute social media strategy surrounding research, polling, and other communications releases.
- Draft press releases and email blasts for all NAE activities.
- Draft op-eds on behalf of local and national leaders in support of immigration reform.
- Draft general and report-specific “advocacy kits” with templates for op-eds, letters to the Editor, letters to Congress, etc.
- Generate national and local press for all NAE activities.
- Daily monitoring and compilation of press clips relevant to NAE’s efforts and the immigration debate.
- Develop and manage database of reporter contacts.
- Respond to outside engagement.
- Support the Communications Director.
- Support Executive and Managing Director, as needed.
- Aid with research, digital efforts, and event planning around the country, as needed.
- Demonstrably strong writing, copy-editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Comfortable pitching stories to national and local media outlets and reporters.
- Ability to build and manage relationships
- Strong social media skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
Send resume and cover letter
- For more information about New American Economy, please visit newamericaneconomy.org and check us out on twitter @newamericanecon