Director, Social Media
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal is seeking an experienced Director of Social to oversee Social Media Marketing campaigns, activations and Community Management for Bravo. Given the evolving business landscape in media, the Director, Social Media is an indispensable leader tasked with developing a multi-faceted social media strategy across a multitude of stakeholders. The successful candidate will leverage their expertise in the social space to create and execute a strategic plan across various platforms and include several internal departments including marketing, digital, sales, press and research. The Social Media Director will report to SVP, Consumer & Trade Marketing.
The Social Media Director will manage internal and external teams to obtain/manage necessary content, own campaign timelines and keep all parties abreast of campaign progress. The Social Director will also play a big content strategy role in the group, ideating and creating social content that resonates with our core audiences, overseeing content creation on our brand social channels and ensuring consistency in social tone of voice.
Must have a deep passion and knowledge of the social, digital and emerging media landscape and the ins and outs of core social platforms. Must keep up with updates and trends in the landscape and have a good sense of competitive across the entertainment industry on social. This candidate is both creative and also data-driven to inform insightful pivots and decisions that drive the brand forward through social. Strong writing skills in line with the social tone of voice of the brand and are a must. Passion for the Bravo brand is a non-negotiable.
-Manage relationship with external agencies to consistently provide best-in-class strategic recommendations, content, and first-to-market media opportunities to position Bravo as a social leader to both consumers and advertisers alike.
-Oversee community management and effectively translate social sentiment/listening into ideas and strategy.
-Regularly assess social media workflow and analytics tools to create efficiencies in both process and cost.
-Lead strategic partnerships in the social space from identification of relevant partners through execution of new programs.
-Explore and identify new revenue streams via partnerships and/or new social models to be potentially sponsored within Bravo’s social initiatives and communicate to Sales.
-Track and report metrics and trends with strategic analysis and recommendations.
-Work across departments (digital, programming/production, press, research, sales and creative/marketing in particular) to identify key messages, gather digital assets and make sure messaging is consistent irrespective of platforms.
-Work in tandem with press to disseminate key messages to our followers and foster relationships with talent and showrunners.
-Align with the research team and provide regular and timely reporting regarding viewer sentiment and chatter in the digital ether, as well as general trends germane to our business.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in digital media marketing with experience in the social media space.
- Deep knowledge of primary social & digital platforms (ie. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat, YouTube) and new and emerging technologies and their benefits to businesses, particularly entertainment
- Must have demonstrated experience in strategy development and delivery
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (job #40992BR)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in New York, New York
- A good writer and impeccable social skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment/under tight deadlines and managing third party agencies
- Ability to propose and initiate creative ideas and solutions
- Candidate should have a highly collaborative approach to success internally and with external partners
- Competitive spirit that drives a constant desire to innovate and iterate in a fast moving space to keep Bravo ahead of the curve
- Must posses a strong external focus on social media in the marketplace and emerging platforms/tech/strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams and flexibility to change
-Excellent communication and presentation skills; strong organizational and analytical skills; self starter; show initiative
-Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and personalities, internal and external, in order to reach marketing goals and objectives
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.