Does clunky copy make you cranky? Are you one of those people who enjoys — like, really enjoys — editing pieces to make them easier to digest, more fun to read, and more likely to share? Have you worked with writers and offered constructive feedback in the past, happily seeing their content improve over time? Do you enjoy working in a team environment to create engaging content ideas, and can you hit deadlines to execute them? Are you interested in helping brands increase their reach by telling their stories — not selling them products?
Awesome. Come join our team.
Skyword is seeking an individual with 1–3 years of full-time, professional editing experience to join our Content Services team in support of our clients’ content marketing programs. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, with meticulous copy editing skills, strong research skills, and the ability to edit B2B and B2C topics for a variety of clients. Under the management of an Editorial Manager, the Associate Editor will be responsible for editing articles in a range of programs, using both Chicago and AP styles.
Note, while writers with relevant experience as mentioned above are welcomed to apply, this is not a copywriting position.
By joining Skyword, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of a fast-growing organization with significant opportunity for advancement. This position is located in our Boston, MA, office. This is NOT a remote or freelance role.
Using Skyword’s proprietary publishing platform, you will:
- Edit content produced by Skyword's freelance contributors for style, content, structure, grammar, punctuation, syntax, spelling, and search engine optimization
- Modify content to clarify meaning, to conform to a client’s editorial style guidelines, and to align with a client’s brand voice
- Provide editorial feedback and revision requests to writers in order to strengthen each piece and ensure they meet the assignment brief and content guidelines
- Participate in internal brainstorming sessions to produce engaging topics for clients’ content marketing programs
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field
- Minimum of one to three years of full-time professional experience as a copy editor, line editor, developmental editor, content editor, or similar is required
- Experience working with remote or freelance writers strongly preferred
- Experience working in educational publishing, media, or digital/print publications strongly preferred
- Knowledge of both The Chicago Manual of Style and the AP Stylebook
- Ability to adapt to specific editorial styles depending on client needs
- Ability to be flexible with priorities, responsibilities, and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively deliver constructive feedback to writers
- Self-starter approach to work with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive market-based salary. Medical, dental, life, and disability insurance plans; 401(k) plans with employer matching contribution; three weeks paid vacation; 11 paid holidays; 10 sick days; 2 half day volunteer days; and an open, friendly work environment.
Skyword moves brands – and their content – forward. By embracing a sustainable, scalable approach to original storytelling, Skyword liberates brands from ineffective marketing practices and inspires them to create deeper connections with their customers. With a powerful combination of enterprise-class technology, authentic voices, and professional services, Skyword propels clients’ content marketing programs to new levels of excellence. Skyword is a privately held company headquartered in Boston, MA, with an office in Pittsburgh, PA.
Skyword is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.