- Full Time
EILEEN FISHER creates simple, timeless shapes designed to work together effortlessly, season after season. We make our clothes to last—and then take them back to be reworn again or remade into entirely new designs. We believe in the fundamental potential of every person—our employees, our customers and those who make our clothes—and are committed to creating conditions that empower people. It’s all part of our commitment to doing business in a way that helps build a better industry. And a better future. Our clothes are sold at over 65 EILEEN FISHER retail stores, and 1,000 department and specialty stores internationally, as well as 2 RENEW stores, which feature gently worn and remade designs from our take-back program. EILEEN FISHER is the largest women’s fashion company to be a certified B Corporation, which means we voluntarily meet high criteria for social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
Position Summary: The E-commerce Copywriter will craft product descriptions for the website that are consistent with our brand voice, convey our design philosophy and work within current SEO best practices. In a space where the customer can’t yet touch or try on the clothes, product descriptions are a first point of contact and provide essential style, fit, fabric and sustainability information. In addition to product copy, ongoing responsibilities include writing SEO, SEM and other digital commerce copy. The E-commerce Copywriter will also support to the Copy Team by fulfilling additional copy requests as needed and helping traffic copy across departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write product names and descriptions for approximately 100 items of clothing, shoes and accessories on a monthly basis.
- Write product copy for flash sales and excess store inventory.
- Ensure consistency of style and tone for product descriptions.
- Research product information in digital product management system.
- Crosscheck product descriptions with photographed samples in order to catch discrepancies before styles go live.
- Connect with the design team as needed to research product and fact-check styles.
- Connect with the fabric team as need to research product supply chains and sustainability attributes.
- Prepare customer service notes to address any product discrepancies.
- Write paid search and organic SEO copy.
- Write and update copy for non-product (FAQ, Ask Us, Shipping Policies, etc.) sections of site as needed.
- Write product copy for Pinterest.
- Prep website product list and adjust style names as needed referencing line sheets.
- Route all web copy for team feedback and proofreading/copy edit.
- Oversee master web copy document. Revise and post updates on an ongoing basis.
- Send reviewed/approved copy to Copyeditor.
- Submit copyedited product descriptions to Web Content Team.
- Contribute to Product Education tools for retail stores
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (In English, Journalism or related field preferred)
•1-3 years copywriting experience in e-commerce, preferably in apparel.
•Must have experience with SEO and technical writing for web.
•Aptitude for language in general, ability to understand and execute the EILEEN FISHER brand voice in balance with technical needs.
•Strong sense of grammar and excellent proofing skills.
•The ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
•Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
•Affinity for the EILEEN FISHER brand and our clothing.
•Ability to do self-directed work.
Reports to: Brand Writer / Copy Director
Location: NYC Work Schedule: Full-Time
Exemption Status: Exempt Uniform/Clothing Allowance: Yes