Podcast Producer (Contract/Freelance)
Wine Enthusiast Media seeks an experienced freelance audio and podcast producer to lead the development and production of our original bi-weekly podcast program, now in its second year. This is an approximately 20-hour-per-week project and offers the chance to refine a popular product for our national media brand, managing the product from start to finish.
The Podcast Producer will be responsible for the nuts and bolts of production, from shaping the episodes and transforming our wealth of print journalism into original storytelling, to final scripting and audio editing. The Podcast Producer will liaise with the Digital Content Director and other staff editors based in our Valhalla, NY office.
- Creating an overall unique and recognizable aural identity for the podcast.
- Producing 2 complete podcast episodes per month and publishing the completed episodes to various podcast distribution networks.
- Coaching and working hand-on with hosts and contributing editorial guests, including collaboration in the shaping of stories and features.
- Facilitating monthly pitch meetings, and weighing in on which story pitches are selected and how each episode will be structured.
- Writing host scripts for each episode (e.g. a top-of-the-show billboard, intros/outros to show segments, segues between segments, closing credits).
- Provide monthly analytic data per episode along with a monthly summary of this data and recommendations for improvement based on the data.
- Assess current field recording equipment, and suggesting improvements.
The ideal producer will be available/amenable to in-person meetings in our Valhalla, NY offices for technical consulting, recording services, and other needs that might arise. Where travel is necessary, expenses will be reimbursed. Attention to project details, a sense of urgency and deft reaction to the exciting but dynamic podcast environment are essential.
Apply for Podcast Producer (Contract/Freelance)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly