Personal Finance Editor
- Full Time
Growth Labs is seeking a full-time Personal Finance Editor based in Washington, D.C., to help grow its content team. The ideal candidate has demonstrated a passion and expertise for personal finance and has several years of experience in online journalism.
The Personal Finance Editor will be responsible for planning, assigning and editing content that helps consumers make decisions about credit cards and loans products.
The Editor will work closely with in-house content and marketing team members to manage an editorial calendar and coordinate promotion efforts for each piece of content. He or she will also work closely with Growth Labs’ client, U.S. News & World Report (based in Washington, D.C.), to develop a team of freelance writers who adhere to the highest editorial standards, and will edit their work according to U.S. News’ standards. He or she will work closely with U.S. News’ team of editors to produce advice articles, guides and product profiles.
U.S. News’ credit cards and loans articles focus on personal finance consumer advice, like how to save money on credit cards and loans products, how to avoid consumer pitfalls, how to get out of debt and how to improve your credit. This person will be responsible for assigning six to eight articles per week to the freelance writing staff, editing multiple articles daily, writing articles as needed, updating evergreen content guides, writing product profiles, conducting consumer surveys, and helping to create data visualizations.
The Personal Finance Editor role is based in U.S. News’ D.C. office, and he or she can work remotely as needed.
The ideal candidate has:
· A journalism background with at least three years of editing experience
· Demonstrated expertise in personal finance (particularly credit cards and loans)
· An ability to execute SEO strategy (optimizing content, conducting competitive analysis, and identifying content opportunities)
· Outstanding communication and organization skills
· Experience recruiting freelance writers and maintaining relationships with them
· Knowledge of content management systems
· Strong attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with AP style
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Growth Labs is a small content marketing agency specializing in SEO and affiliate marketing. Growth Labs’ team, based in Seattle, is comprised of experienced marketing and content professionals with proven success in many consumer verticals including personal finance, education and e-commerce.