Director, Program Strategy
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Support VP Program Strategy in the development of long term plans, programming rollouts and scheduling strategies to maximize the impact of the schedule, series launches, stunts and events.Create, build, maintain and distribute upfront, quarterly and monthly schedules Participate in Upfront planning strategy, building the resulting grids and documentsSupervise schedule and grid changes Manage day-to-day long form program scheduling operations and team.Partner with Research to develop well informed programming plans that incorporate network trends, series performance history, audience composition and competitive landscapeMonitor and analyze the implications of our competition programming and marketplace trends, and make recommendationOversee the management of long form content inventory and monitor the network’s usage of each series and its license restrictions.Participate in original series episodic scheduling with Content Strategy team (NY)Work with the Digital team to create schedules for content streaming and VOD as required.Liaison with Digital and Metadata teams; represent Universal Kids in metadata discussions Troubleshoot the scheduling system (COMPASS) and suggest enhancements Liaison with Marketing & Ad Sales, coordinating all sponsored stuntsLiaison with On-Air, Brand Creative and TrafficScreen all content to develop strong and comprehensive program lineups and plans.Partner with Legal (Program Standards) on all relevant issues and decisions Approve episodic details scheduled monthlyUndertake special projects as required by VP, Program Strategy
Reporting to the Vice President of Program Strategy, the Director of Program Planning will be the primary partner in the development and management of linear and non-linear scheduling strategies. This role will be responsible for managing the day to day technical and tactical operations of the Universal Kids’ programming department; including linear and non-linear network schedules and plans, competitive tracking, strategic stunt development, series episodic rollout management and building strategy presentations. S/he will supervise the linear and non-linear scheduling team.
• 7+ years of experience in program scheduling at a broadcast or cable network
• Bachelor's Degree
• Proven experience in Scheduling, Operations, and Research
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job#: 41611BR)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Detail oriented and well organized
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Be a flexible team player with a high level of energy and commitment
• Demonstrated strong time-management, prioritization and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated strong strategic and analytical planning and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and negotiate with internal clients
• Proven strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong business and personal ethics
• Pro-active self-starter
• Preferred knowledge of children’s programming and kid brands
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.