Senior Digital Content Manager
- Full Time
VISIT PHILADELPHIA gets people to visit Philadelphia. It’s our name and our mission. Through marketing and image building, VISIT PHILADELPHIA increases the number of visitors to Philadelphia, the number of nights they stay and the number of things they do in the region.
Our growing team is in need of an experienced digital content manager to help oversee development, execution and delivery of digital content across all of our channels. This position requires expertise in managing, editing and producing digital content about Philadelphia and the region.
The Senior Digital Content Manager is charged with creating and maintaining compelling, current, useful web-specific content to be published on Visit Philadelphia’s primary websites, as well as additional digital channels.
The Senior Digital Content Manager’s primary responsibilities will be 1) managing the development of timely written, visual and social content for visitphilly.com, uwishunu.com and its channels, and 2) editing digital content before it is published. This position will also support related web and organization-wide projects, including VISIT PHILADELPHIA marketing programs and initiatives.
This position reports to Digital Content Director and will collaborate regularly with the Senior Editor of Digital Content, Digital Content Manager, Social Media Director and the VP of Digital Strategy, among other key positions.
The primary responsibilities for this position are as follows:
Digital Content Management:
- Manage timely and event content production on visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com. Oversee event inclusion, curation, production, and oversee surfacing events on our websites to achieve site goals: build Philadelphia’s image, drive visitation and get people to do more while they are here.
- Work with Digital Content Manager and Coordinator(s) to oversee production of recurring timely posts and event content on visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com/
- Oversee the gathering, organization, curation of and communication about news related to things to do and reasons to visit Philadelphia and the region.
- Serve as primary contact for and editor of event-related pitches destined for visitphilly.com, uwishunu.com and/or our social channels.
- Top edit all event-based content on the sites for accuracy and inclusivity.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with numerous regional PR and marketing agencies, attractions and Philadelphia organizations to support newsgathering.
- Attend press previews and media events for relevant events and exhibitions.
- Work with the Web Content team to update major seasonal and campaign-based content and the events therein (e.g. Historic District, Holidays, Summer Festivals, etc.)
- Work with Digital Content Director to assign freelance content production as needed.
Digital Content Production:
- Provide content editing, copy editing and photo/media editing and direction for words, photos and video to be published on visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com on a daily basis.
- Provide top edits, line edits, photo edits and general feedback on internal and externally produced content.
- Ensure web-based digital content is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone, and is optimized for search, social, user experience and to drive qualified traffic to partner websites.
- Serve as a lead producer of content covering Philadelphia events, including timely posts and event content on visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com.
- Research, write and format within our CMS multiple styles of digital content to be published on visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com.
- Pair compelling written content with images, videos and multimedia visual content to propel a website visitor through the story and down a page.
Social Media Management & Content Distribution:
- Manage @uwishunu Twitter and Instagram accounts with support from Digital Content Director and Digital Content Coordinator.
- Produce content for high-performing platforms, like Instagram Stories.
- Support Digital Content Director in managing digital content distribution
- Understand multiplatform publishing and implement strategic distribution of digital content.
- Work closely with the Web Team and Social Team to coordinate content promotion across social media channels, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Web Development & Projects:
- Help support Visit Philadelphia’s general digital strategies across campaigns and websites, including helping to execute continually evolving and advancing social, mobile and audience strategies.
- Provide support for the Web team in conjunction with department-based needs and projects. (Reporting, Contact Us Support, Site Testing)
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Passion for and expert knowledge of Philadelphia and the five-county region
- Versatile writer, storyteller and multimedia content creator
- Proficiencies in the following applications desired: Web Content Management System (Wordpress highly preferable); basic HTML; Google Docs; Popular Social Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.); Adobe Photoshop, Google Analytics, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently as well as a teammate and community member
- Collaborative worker; able to work across all VISIT PHILADELPHIA departments with staff at all levels
- Creative, organized and flexible
- Ability to effectively establish priorities and efficiently meet goals
- Big picture-goal driven with the ability to adapt quickly to change and to new opportunities
- Willingness to work additional/off hours in order to capture stories or meet tight deadlines
- BA or BS degree
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter, resume, writing samples and salary requirement by July 1, 2018. VISIT PHILADELPHIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest.