News Associate, CNBC
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Breaking NewsBeat ReportingCNBC Television (ex. Squawk Box)Digital VideoDotcom
CNBC is looking for the next generation of multimedia journalists!
The News Associates Program is an 18 month opportunity designed to give participants real-world news experience. Aspiring journalists with diverse backgrounds hone research skills, work on developing news stories in a working news bureau, and participate in field and studio production on a variety of news programs.
Exciting roles are available within the following areas:
• At least one year of journalism experience in a newsroom setting, or comparable internships
• Bachelor's degree or comparable experience
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Genuine enthusiasm for CNBC content
• Ability to work in the New York/New Jersey Area
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to nbcunicareers.com
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States
• Highly motivated
• Commitment to television news production or digital news as a career
• Desire to tell great stories
• Desire to break news and move markets with competitive reporting
• Solid writing skills.
• Proven leadership skills
• Highly collaborative
• Business news background
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.