Social Media Writer and Website Content Editor (20-25 hours/week)
The Gabelli School of Business at Fordham University is looking for a social media writer and website content editor to contribute quality, original, and informative marketing content. The ideal candidate will have strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, as well as knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Executing a high volume of website content updates to existing pages and the addition of new pages with an eye towards maintaining SEO best practices. See fordham.edu/business for sample content.
- Planning, writing, and posting content on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Reviewing our events calendar and creating and editing weekly event emails (in MailChimp)
- Assist marketing and communications team with other projects on an as-needed basis
- Ability to work 20-25 hours a week, with some availability during regular business hours, through December 15, 2018
- Ability to produce quality social copy, edit existing copy, and manage multiple deadlines independently
- Experience with social media platform posting software (such as Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.)
- 2-4 years of marketing experience
- Ability to occasionally work in-person at our Lincoln Center office, if needed
- Background in higher education helpful, but not required
- Understanding and execution of AP Style guidelines, with an ability to conform to different styles
- Submit your résumé and 2-3 writing samples (either for website or social media). Please include your desired hourly rate.