Smarter, faster, and as always - first. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and creative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a News Product Manager to be responsible for the development and growth of news products, which support our global media clients. You will work closely with the Media Distribution Head of Products in fulfilling key aspects of a market-driven product management process, with emphasis around integration of news solutions across media outlets and other redistribution segments. You will crystallize and extend the product vision, collaborate with UX designers and engineers to execute on this vision, and plan product releases and long-term development priorities.
Product development for news/content experience is essential; key requirements are -- understanding of editorial operations, content search and relevancy, metadata and UI/UX fundamentals.
We will trust you to:
- Define new product features and requirements, UX, scope, and functionality through market outreach and feedback process
- Develop product road-maps, prioritize feature sets and partner with development teams
- Partner with internal and external partners to bring product concepts to launch
- Come with proven skill-set encompassing technology, communication and project management.
- Maintain pulse on competitive landscape and internal product development efforts across Bloomberg ecosystem - to assess impact on distribution products and solutions
You need to have:
- 4+ years of product management/product development experience with a financial focused news organization
- Familiarity with the media industry
- Working knowledge of pull and push technology RESTful APIs, RSS, FTP as well as XML
- Experience participating in multiple phases of the product life-cycle (ideation, delivery, go-to-market, support, sunset)
- Agile (Scrum) experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.