Breaking news contributor
Heavy, a leading news and information website, is looking to partner with hard-charging, entrepreneurial freelance journalists to cover breaking news.
We're looking for seasoned professionals who can react rapidly to breaking news and quickly dig up additional information after a story breaks. Breaking news contributors cover an array of topics ranging from national politics to crime and celebrity news.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A passion for and understanding of the digital news landscape
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Ability and desire to react rapidly to breaking news
- Strong multi-tasking and communication skills
- Ability to quickly navigate social media — especially Twitter and Instagram — to spot breaking news and find additional information after a story breaks
- Ability to produce clean and polished copy
Work autonomously and remotely. Compensation is based on performance. Room to grow for exceptional performers. Send cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Managing Editor Ben Doody at with breaking news contributor in the subject line.