Freelance Copy Editor
Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
Travelzoo is seeking a part-time Freelance Copy Editor to join our team. We are looking for an energetic wordsmith with a solid command of AP style, fact checking, spelling, punctuation and grammar to assist in copy editing of travel, entertainment and leisure deals published on the Travelzoo website. Ability to work quickly and accurately in a team environment is critical.
The part-time, remote position is for approximately 10-15 hours per week.
Please Note: This is not a project position -- candidates should have long-term availability. Compensation is commensurate with experience. All candidates will be required to pass a copy-editing test.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Proofread, line edit, copy edit and fact check all deal content in Travelzoo email publications and website, including Local Deals, Getaways and hotel profiles
- Edit according to AP and in-house Travelzoo style
- Raise questions of accuracy, content and taste
- Work with Production and Publishing teams to improve content and writing
- 4-year college degree in journalism, communications or English preferred
- Previous experience in an online publishing environment; travel or deal-publishing experience is a plus
- Expert-level knowledge of AP style, grammar and punctuation rules
- Proven ability to work within a team amid a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Basic HTML fluency
- Ability to achieve results while working independently
- Passion for travel and lifestyle content a must!
Apply for Freelance Copy Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly