- Full Time
W.W. Norton is seeking a Project Manager to join its IT department. The Project Manager works to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of projects for W.W. Norton’s Business Systems team. The Project Manager is responsible for keeping a project moving in a forward direction and brings together the resources needed to achieve a successful deliverable. This position tracks the various teams within IT and communicates milestones and objectives so that each independent team can meet the expected deadline. Through collaboration with the Business owner, the Project Manager manages the overall project goals and scope.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads project scope definition by working with business owners.
- Leads project planning and implementation.
- Works with business owners and other project managers to create and maintain the Project Roadmap.
- Works with the business owners and other project managers to turn the product roadmap into executable projects.
- Establishes the RACI matrix for projects.
- Follows and schedules projects – as per the Project Roadmap defined by the business owner.
- Sets schedules and milestones with inputs from all other teams assigned to that product, manages project scope and timelines.
- Works with business owner to ensure that the product vision and high-level business objectives are clear and achievable.
- Ensures that the functional requirements are tracked, achievable, and met.
- Works closely with the Business owner, Scrum Master, Business Analyst, QA Manager and Product Specialist assigned to that product line.
- Participates in scrum ceremonies and coordinates resourcing with the Scrum Master.
- Coordinates sprint advancement (from QA to stakeholder review, and from stakeholder review to production release).
- Helps to manage dependencies among cross-product teams.
- Collaborates and communicates with stakeholders, developers, technical team members and designers.
- Helps to identify, classify, and manage risk for functional improvement requests.
- Responsible for any schedules, milestones, communication, and status updates – with inputs from other teams.
- Provides detailed reporting to management on project status, risk assessments, and completion.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Project Management.
- Experience with Salesforce highly desirable.
- Familiar and comfortable with Agile methodologies.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent work experience (desirable).
- Good leadership and persuasion skills.
- Proficiency using commonly accepted scheduling and project management tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
- Ability to adapt to different team styles and dynamics.
- Excellent analytical, problem identification and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-managed; ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal coaching or supervision.
- Flexible and focused.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US.
- Must be able to work full business hours from Norton’s New York City headquarters.
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.