Executive Producer, Content Commerce
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Generate seasonal editorial and product strategies that support the business needs and align with the brand strategyConduct competitive research to stay ahead of fashion, lifestyle, and e-commerce industry trends Manage and report content yearly budget
NBCU is a Media Industry leader that helps clients achieve marketing and sales goals with innovative solutions that engage targeted audiences at scale. NBCU’s Content Commerce initiative gives NBCU the ability to help even more brands achieve their objectives through a Network branded digital platform that is optimized for commerce and direct consumer engagement.
The Executive Producer, Content Commerce is a retail and fashion industry insider, responsible for facilitating the overall editorial voice of the site and for creating an engaging, immersive, and profitable curated content commerce experience. This position will craft compelling curated merchandise stories and commerce franchises that drive revenue through an optimized product assortment.
Establish the editorial content and corresponding merchandising strategy for NBCU’s Content Commerce business in partnership with Network brand partners and site merchandisersEnsure alignment between Content Commerce’s content/merchandise strategy and Network edit calendars; deliver against revenue goals with curated solutions for the audience Build out and manage a team of merchandisers, editors and content developersOversee the production of all daily updates, photo journalist assignments, sponsored content, and freelance contributors for the Content Commerce sites and other internal partnersCollaborate with Network partners to ideate, develop, and manage the production of video tent-pole franchises, rich video concepts, and all other related content in ways that are authentic to the brand and are also monetizable for the Content Commerce sites and other internal partnersProactively identify creative ways to help the Network partners share stories that showcase a voice of authority and contextual content to convert at the point of purchasePartner with the eCommerce lead and internal data and insights team on the development of content based customer acquisitions and site engagement efforts
• 10+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced curated commerce and/or fashion branded digital environment
• 7+ years of experience managing and growing a successful team
• Demonstrated success at driving an editorial strategy and user growth
• A strong understanding of how content is shared and consumed across different digital and social platforms/channels; the ability to use analytics to help guide content distribution strategy
• Ability to understand and support Network partners’ priorities and business objectives through curated visual edit
• Ability to analyze data to guide merchandise/content curation and edit to drive business success
• Ability to both react to current business as well as anticipate future trends in the business
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• BA/BS degree required
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills
• Proven ability to influence others
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
• Experience creating successful sponsor-integrated content
• A deep understanding, and respect for retail needs, creative process, and culture
• A positive attitude and passion for building businesses; entrepreneurial drive and a self-starter mindset
• Proven experience overseeing successful original video series
• Experience creating digital content for new and emerging platforms
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and Social Media Platforms; working knowledge of video production a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.