Head of Marketing
- Full Time
ARTECHOUSE, the first digital art space in the United States, is looking for a results driven entrepreneurial type leader to head all of the marketing and communications related activities, including digital presence, advertising, traditional marketing, creative design, public relations efforts and strategic marketing partnerships, in support of the organization’s goals. Experience in a strategic marketing role for a reputable museum, gallery, art institution or publication is required.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Successfully execute all marketing and communications efforts across multiple locations, including content creation, editorial calendars, and strategic campaigns across various platforms
- Develop and oversee all external and internal communications materials including but not limited to print publications, videos, web, e-news and other online communications
- Manage or oversee management of social media accounts
- Monitor and report on social media and marketing analytics
- Lead and continuously optimize marketing programs (e.g. SEM, SEO, email, social, PR, display) in order to increase sales and brand awareness
- Create and implement exhibition and program related promotions
- Assist in media relations, including fielding press inquiries, coordinating interviews and photographers/film crew visits, securing coverage, and preparing press materials
- Work with VE department on monitoring and improving online reviews on Yelp, Tripadvisor, FB, Google
- Develop yearly marketing plan and budget.
- Create and analyze strategic marketing campaigns for exhibitions, different locations and ARTECHOUSE brand
- Conduct targeted outreach and audience expansion efforts
- Create strategic advertising plans and facilitate all media buying
- Build, manage and develop a motivated, high-performing team. Manage and oversee marketing department staff and interns
- Perform other job functions as necessary to ensure continued smooth operation of the organization
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are eager to learn and improve.
- You are entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach.
- You are resourceful.
- You are design-minded.
- You are analytical and creative.
- You thrive at finding solutions.
- You are able to write/edit in a variety of writing styles, draft materials on a wide range of topics, with strong editing and proofreading skills
- You are aware of current marketing trends across all medium and categories
- You are able to identify and exploit emerging trends and technologies.
- You are experienced with paid media and advertising.
- You're detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
- You are proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and familiare with web design, HTML and CSS.
- You have CRM experience.
- You are quick to adapt.
- You are emotionally intelligent.
- You have BS/BA in Marketing or Communications or related field
- You have 5+ years experience in strategic marketing/communications role for a reputable museum, art gallery or cultural institution.
This position is exempt. Compensation commensurates with experience.
Position offers flexibility of being based out of Washington, DC or New York City location. We have multiple locations so some travel will be required.