Staff Writer, Editorial
- Full Time
We're looking for a full-time writer to play a central role in helping everyone be more productive at work. In this position, you'll join a team of expert writers who author in-depth productivity guides, business software roundups, and app tips read by more than 1 million visitors every month.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Online writing is what you do best. You have at least four years of experience writing content for online audiences, with a knack for growing your community of readers and ranking well in search.
Productivity at work is a top interest. You are driven to be efficient and effective at work and, even more so, are eager to help others do the same.
Software and apps are your arsenal. When it comes to being productive, you're obsessed with how software and apps play a role. You're specifically interested in researching and writing about business software, too, from project management to marketing automation to applicant tracking systems.
You take a scientific and reader-first approach to your work. Testing is paramount. When writing about productivity and software, you go beyond perusing general information—you try out the strategies, put them through the ringer, and ensure you're delivering your readers the most accurate report.
No draft is sacred. You rewrite introductions until they don't resemble their former selves, obsessively check for unnecessary words, and welcome editing feedback.
You're a team player. You realize that the work you do contributes to the company's goals and mission of teaching everyone to be more productive and establishing Zapier as the leading authority on work software and productivity.
Learning brings satisfaction. When you approach a foreign subject, you don't let your lack of knowledge stand in the way—even if it requires dozens of Google searches.
Efficiency is important. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. You set up systems and processes that let you increase your impact to be larger than yourself as an individual contributor.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a startup, so you'll get experience with a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you'll do:
- Write or update articles focused on productivity and software
- Put SEO best practices to work, including keyword research and tracking
- Identify and pitch topics to help grow readership
- Edit the writing of fellow editorial team members
- Promote editorial content on social, in our email newsletters, and elsewhere
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Our team of 200+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, and Australia. You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies.
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.