- Full Time
The American Dental Association is dedicated to promoting the public's health through its initiatives in research, education, advocacy, public awareness and the development of standards. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Editor.
The Senior Editor will work with ADA leadership, volunteers, members, and national, state and local associations and governments to research, interview, write, edit and produce news and feature stories primarily for ADA News and ADA.org, covering all issues related to the profession. This position will also contribute to the Association's news delivery regarding its policies and services to members through contact with ADA leadership and key volunteers and staff. This position will provide support to other ADA Publishing publications, social media, or other content/products as needed, or as specified within this document, and will provide photo support to ADA and serve as a resource to members on stories.
- BA/BS degree and a minimum of 3 years or Newsgathering and content creation with a general circulation newspaper, association or corporate news publication experience.
- Excellent writing, editing, and reporting, interpersonal, critical thinking, social media, and communication skills.
- Ability to interview people to obtain information, work independently, learn new software, and develop higher level skills.
- Microsoft Office, InDesign or other layout software desired, photo management software, social media software.
- Knowledge of health care issues, association experience, digital photography
Equal Employment Opportunity
EOE of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities