IT Security Engineer Intern
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through experiential learning, team building events and structured feedback sessions. Our goal is to provide today’s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
Interns in this role are responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining information security systems including firewall systems, virtual private network systems, intrusion detection systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), authentication systems, security information management systems, content management systems and antimalware systems. Assists the Information Security Director in developing tactical and strategic solutions, policies, and procedures.
• Completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree between December 2019 and June 2020 with preferred concentrations in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT Security, Cybersecurity, or other related degree
• Experience on multiple hardware platforms and operating systems (Windows, Windows, LINUX/Unix, Apple, and Android).
• Hands on security project experience.
• Hands-on security technology experience preferred;
o Network Scanners
o Intrusion Detection and Prevention
o Authentication and Single Sign-on
o Security Event Management
o Privileged User Management
o Content Control Systems
o URL Filtering
o File, Folder, Email and Disk Encryption
• Basic understanding of cloud computing concepts including experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
• Basic understanding of LAN technologies and networking concepts.
• Knowledge of scripting (Unix/Linux shell, Perl and Windows) or programming (Visual Basic and MS Access).
• Knowledge of network services such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, TLS, SFTP.
• Knowledge of compliance standards and practices such as PCI DSS, Sarbanes Oxley, and Department of Justice National Security Agreement
• Ability to assemble project requirements and contribute to a security design implementation from inception to completion.
• Ability to identify and completely resolve technical issues.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.