Small Business Accounting & Tax Writer for Small Business Publication (REMOTE POSITION)
- Full Time
Your role in a nutshell:
The Small Business Accounting and Tax Writer will be an integral part of building the most comprehensive small business accounting portal on the internet. We cover a wide range of topics related to small business accounting, from in-depth reviews of accounting software to state-specific sales tax to personal taxes for small business owners.
To deliver the best answers to people's questions.
Recently named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than 1.5 million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 150+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
The best candidates will have an extensive understanding of small business accounting, bookkeeping, and taxes. You should also have a great network of sources from around the accounting and small business worlds.
Most importantly, you are passionate about writing and want to share your knowledge in written form to teach our eager readership how to make their small businesses succeed.
Qualifications for success:
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience in the subject matter.
- You are a great researcher and writer.
- You are high energy and passionate about helping small businesses.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly.
- You have a strong work ethic.
This position includes:
- Writing in-depth comparison articles of tax & accounting software and apps.
- Researching (including interviewing experts) and writing practical, informative articles about taxes for small business owners and freelancers.
- Providing detailed responses to reader questions.
- Developing infographics and visuals to support written content.
- Build online tools like calculators and document templates.
Tools We Use:
Wordpress, Insightly, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Guru
*It's ok if you have not used these, just be excited to learn them.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Quality health insurance subsidized by FSB
- 401K plan with matching (no waiting period)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to grow
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.