Staff Writer -Online Business(REMOTE OK)
- Full Time
Your Job in a Nutshell:
We are looking for a writer to be our resident expert on building online businesses. This role will cover virtually everything related to making money online -- including building and launching a blog, selling digital products through blogging, podcasting, affiliate marketing, becoming an influencer, publishing online books and running online educational courses, as well as selling physical products through online platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce. We are looking for someone who can teach our readers how to use all of these online platforms to create and sustain a business.
To deliver the best answers to people's questions.
Recently named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than 2 million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 150+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
The Staff Writer will cover a range of topics including blogging, podcasting, digital payments, starting a new business, and online marketing. While we do not expect our writer to have experience in all of these areas, we do expect hands-on experience or coverage of at least a couple.
You should also have a great network of sources from either covering or working in the online business world. Most importantly, you are passionate about writing and want to share your knowledge in written form to teach our eager readership on how to make their small businesses succeed.
If you love getting into the weeds on what works and what doesn’t when blogging and selling products online, then this is the position for you!
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in blogging or growing online businesses.
- You are comfortable writing about how to build a business through blogging, online marketing, and the proper use of e-commerce platforms.
- Experience with at least some of the following: Wordpress, WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, Podcasting.
- You are high energy, and passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly.
- Researching, writing and editing articles related to creating and growing a business online. Our audience for these topic areas are individuals who use their online presence as their sole income stream, which you will be tasked to resonate with.
- Analyzing and reviewing software and services for online businesses.
- Providing in-depth responses to reader questions.
Tools We Use:
Wordpress, Insightly, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Guru,
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Quality health insurance subsidized by FSB
- 401K plan with matching (no waiting period)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to grow as fast as your skills allow
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.