- Full Time
A large independent publisher is seeking a web designer to build and maintain our web presence in the fast-paced environment of commercial book publishing. The qualified candidate will have an understanding of both graphic design and computer programming. We are seeking a team player with experience and a desire to creatively work with our digital and communications departments to brainstorm ideas and see them through from inception to completion.
Our web designer will have input into and ownership of many aspects of our growing online presence. Duties include, but aren't limited to, the following:
- Work alongside the digital and communications teams to develop websites for books, authors, series, and brand properties
- Designing webpage layouts for various projects as well as our main site, taking ideas from the team and creating the visuals that will be competitive and outstanding in the crowded online marketplace
- Determining technical requirements and making recommendations for appropriate upgrades and changes as needed
- Maintaining and keeping all websites updated
- Video editing and creation
- Writing and editing content as needed for various website projects
- Creating back up files
- Solving code problems
- Uploading and delivering digital images and files to partners
- Strong eye for design, with knowledge and experience of what is trending in the consumer marketplace
- Desire and ability to learn additional programming languages and keep up-to-date on best practices
- A team player who enjoys a challenge and looks forward to the opportunity to build online properties from the ground up
- Love of reading and interest in commercial publishing a strong plus!