- Part Time
The Conferences for Women, the largest network of women’s conferences in the country is expanding its communications efforts, and offering an outstanding opportunity for a part-time writer to grow with us. This is a remote position.
You are passionate about issues related to women in the workplace; have a clear, compelling writer’s voice and capacity to write in a variety of formats; and have the knowledge and drive to bring our work to a larger audience. You are positive, collaborative, and creative. You are a newsletter and email marketing junkie who is up with the most recent trends and successful strategies. You also enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are excited by the opportunity to bring the expertise Conference for Women speakers to a larger audience at this important time for women in America.
What You’ll Do
- Help us more effectively curate and share content from a library of speakers (who have included Michelle Obama, Amal Clooney, Maya Angelou, Elizabeth Gilbert, Shonda Rimes, Reese Witherspoon, Serena Williams, Gloria Steinem, and Brené Brown.)
- Help us develop strategies for more effectively integrating content across our communications vehicles, including the website, newsletter, and our podcast (Women Mean Business.)
- Help us re-imagine our newsletter to make it the most important read on women in the workplace issues.
- Write newsletter, website, and promotional email copy with attention-grabbing subject lines and headlines.
- Help track and analyze newsletter, email, and website metrics.
- Recommend and help integrate strategies to grow audience engagement and reach for our newsletter and email communications.
- Work with members of sponsor organizations on their monthly content offerings.
- Help produce topical guides and assist with other editorial products on an as-needed basis.
- Edit copy produced by other members of the team.
- As a member of the communications team, you will work closely with the program and sponsor teams.
- Five years (10 years preferred) of exemplary writing experience
- A writer’s voice that can reflect and elevate the inspirational and practical values of the organization.
- Demonstrated success in growing an online audience.
- Versatility across a broad range writing styles, including marketing copy, newsletter copy, interviews, profiles, and special reports.
- Knowledge of and a passion for women’s workplace issues
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage simultaneous tight deadlines.
- Solutions oriented.
- High attention to detail.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
This position reports to the Communications Director.